Admission Price Increase on Some Movies
The Franklin Theatre will be increasing admission fees for certain categories of movies effective immediately. This marks the first such increase time since the theater reopened in 2011.
While many popular silver screen “classics” and Saturday morning (10 AM) children’s movies will remain at $5 per person; admission for new and recent releases will increase as follows:
$7 for adults
$6 for children (ages 18 and under) *
$6 for seniors (65 and older) *
$6 for active military *
* valid ID required for special rates
“We’ll continue to have a $5 movie tradition, and the new rate to see recent releases is still considerably lower than most options nearby,” according to Executive Director Dan Hays. “The experience of patrons is unique at the Franklin Theatre and keeping prices within range for families is important to us.”
The theater is also increasing “preservation fees” added to ticket charges for movies and all other events. These fees are earmarked to help take care of major repairs and improvements to the theater as it ages.
As the summer movie season draws near, the Franklin Theatre will screen a line-up of fan favorites and a Memorial Day blockbuster. We’ll celebrate with classic titles of romance, coming of age, science fiction, and rites of passage. Pricing for these films remains $5.
- Pretty Woman—the 25th anniversary of the Julia Roberts and Richard Gere favorite—May 20, 2015
- Jaws—Kickoff of summer’s fun-filled Shark Week—July 5, 2015
- The Secret Handshake—Starring Kevin Sorbo, Amy Grant and Mark Collie, men and boys learn together what it takes to be a man.—May 28 at 7pm & May 31 at 1, 4 & 7pm ($7)
- Back To The Future—Celebrating Marty McFly’s time-traveling arrival into the future in 2015—July 20, 2015
- The Breakfast Club – 30th Anniversary of five strangers with nothing in common but each other—Aug. 3, 2015
- Father of the Bride—In honor of the summer wedding season, a celebration of brides and sentimental dads—June 2015 (exact date TBD)
Marvel’s biggest movie of the summer –The Avengers: Age of Ultron premieres at the Franklin Theatre on May 22. We encourage you to purchase tickets in advance.
All movies currently on sale and showtime, as well as other events including music concerts, are available at www.franklintheatre.com